Arts and crafts

Lately I have been working on getting my arts and crafts groove on. I have been looking into getting a sewing machine for awhile now, but can't decide what to get or where to put it (our place is pretty small). So, instead, I have taken up knitting. So far I knit a hat for Isaac. I am pretty proud of it because I knit it on 10.5 circulars using this thing called the magic loop. At first I had a really hard time figuring out the magic loop technique, but now that I have figured it out, it's super! It's such a simple technique that I am not sure what my problem was before. I do have to credit a couple of websites for helping me learn. (website #1, website #2 and the magicloop group at groups.yahoo.com)

Apparently a lot of people use this method to knit socks. I am currently working on a hat for myself using the same pattern.

After work a coworker and I are going to a new place in Old Town Alexandria so that I can get a set of Denise Interchangeable needles and she can get some stuff to start out with. I can't wait. Hopefully we will make it there though because the close at 5:30!! 'Gotta go now!


Comments

Popular Posts