Bad Karma

I don't generally think of myself as an inherently bad person, and I only kind of believe in karma and the "what goes around comes around" thoery. However, I have been wracking my brain this week to figure out why I have such bad karma this week and why all sorts of random bad stuff has been happening. So far (starting on Tuesday morning) here are all of the things that have gone wrong:
  • I hit a biker on my way to yoga (I was at a stop and started going when I realized he was right in front of my car - he and his bike were just fine, kind of annoyed, but fine)
  • A coworker got a flat tire and I had to go rescue her. That wasn't the bad part. The bad part was that we couldn't figure out how to use the jack, once it was on the jack, the car rolled off the jack (note to self: pull the parking brake when putting a car up on jack), the spare tire was all cracked and wouldn't fill with air and it took us 3 hours to deal with all of it.
  • On the way to help my coworker, another coworker and saw what could have almost been a really, really bad accident.
  • Wednesday morning I woke up to find that my left eyelid was completely red from this rash I've been having lately. I thought it was better, but apparently not.
  • I temporarily lost my livestrong bracelet yesterday - turns out it was in the sleeve of the sweatshirt I took off in the middle of the night.
  • I have to go to the DMV to renew my registration. I could have done it by mail, but by the time I got around to it, it was too late. That requires going to Georgetown after work - well, I guess I can't complain too much, it's my fault for being a slacker plus I'll get to do a little shopping at H&M. I tried to go last night, but the traffic was too bad and I didn't make it in time :(
  • On the way home from work, my muffler basically stopped working. Um, just in case you are wondering, mufflers are important if you don't want to sound like you drive a hoopty car. Isaac and I took a look and it turns out some pipe in the middle broke apart. Thankfully, my wonderful hubby is taking care of it today (I had to get here today at 7am, so I couldn't do it) - I have just been informed by aforementioned hubby that it is going to cost $500 to fix the muffler because 1/2 of the exhaust needs to be replaced. yeah!

Ok, so admittedly I don't have it that bad, but for me, it seems like odd crappy stuff is happening all at one time. Please send any extra good karma you might have my way. I appreciate it.


Comments

Vim said…
Hey! I was having the same DMV problems that you're having. I learned that there are NO LINES at the DMV in SE DC. It's not THAT scary if you go during the day, just bring a buddy if you want. You won't even have to circle around to find parking spaces because the DMV has its own lot. It's off of Penn Ave.

Popular Posts