So much excitement!

Even though it's now Tuesday, I am still excited about this past weekend. Isaac and I (along with two of his former co-workers) ran a 5k race on Saturday to remember the events of 9/11/01. I set another new personal best time!!! I even passed the Baltimore Fire Department Chief (which I felt kind of bad about later when I found out who he was). I learned that it is very difficult to drink water out of a paper cup while running, so if you are running 5k, you are better off just getting water at the end. Plus, you tend to choke on the water, making running even harder...
After the race, we went to look for snowboard boots. Didn't buy any boots, but I did manage to get a new snowboard. Yeah!!! It's a Burton Feelgood, which I have really wanted since last year. I can't wait to try it out.
We got a really cute old cedar chest from Eastern Market on Sunday morning. It is from the Arts and Crafts Era (which is ~1920). It needs a little work, but for $25, it's worth it and it was exactly what we were looking for. Now we can get rid of those ugly shelves right when you walk into our house. If you are ever in DC (whether visiting, or if you live here) you should definitely take a trip to Eastern Market on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It's so much fun! And definitely get a crab cake from inside the market for lunch. I am pretty sure they are the best crabcakes ever made!
Alright, that's it for our exciting weekend. I did also teach a friend of mine from work how to knit on Friday. I think she is slowly getting the hang of it.

Comments

Popular Posts