ksks fabric

Although I've been super busy not posting, I haven't forgotten my swap obligations. Here's proof:
I bought this fabric the other day and I plan to use this tutorial for the main bag, this pattern for a drawstring bag with some modifications to hopefully look something like this (scroll down past the yarn pictures - if you can) and a zip pouch or roll for notions. I'm planning to make the outside of the bag in the pinky-purple fabric and lining it with the swirly mosaic fabric (which will also make up the straps). The pattern I'm using makes a reversible bag, but I think that I'll be adding custom pockets and stuff on the inside, so it won't really be reversible. The greenish fabric will be for the pouch/roll that goes inside.

I also bought some knitting notions to go along with the kit, but I forgot to take a picture of them. And I bought some yarn dyed at Springwater, but I can't find it right now. You heard me right - I LOST YARN. It'll turn up eventually I'm sure. Our house is in more disarray than usual, so I'm not too surprised I can't find it.

All that's left (besides the sewing, which shouldn't be too bad) is to find a pattern to send along with the kit (and the non-knitting related goodies to add to the package). Choosing a pattern would be easier if I'd ever knitted a sock before... Oh well, that's my own fault I guess. Hopefully that will change after this swap.

So, that's it for now. I'm working on some crazy ceramics and it's pretty much all I want to do these days (well, except spin, but no wheel sort of helps with that). Hopefully I'll be able to post some ceramics stuff one of these days soon.

Comments

Popular Posts