Back to school

So, last night, I went to an Open House for the Department of IT and Engineering at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. I am now officially enrolled as a non-degree student in the graduate department of statistics. woo hoo!!! Actually, going back to school is a little frightening. I am going to have to do HOMEWORK! It should be ok. At first, I wanted to take a class in applied statistics, but got talked out of it by the head of the department and am enrolled in applied probability instead. Should be lots of calculus and other math fun.

You might be wondering why I have any sort of interest in probability and statistics. Well, lately at work, I have been doing a lot of statistical analysis for various projects we are working on. Scary as it might sound, I have found that I actually enjoy it. I am toying with the idea of a higher degree in Biostats or just plain ol' Stats, so I figured 1 or 2 classes would probably show me whether or not I really have any interest in it or if it's just a passing thing. Plus, I would like to be able to really understand exactly what it is I am doing, be able to be certain I am using the correct tests and be able to interperet the results more fully.

I'm excited, yet scared.

It's official, I am a dork.

Comments

Popular Posts