Another crafting decision

Isaac and I really need a new bed quilt. We have a down comforter and a lightweight summer quilt that we got for our wedding. But it's usually about 55 - 60 degrees Fahrenheit at night, so neither of those is quite right. I figured it would be really easy to make us a medium weight quilt and broke out my copy of Denyse Schmidt Quilts. I picked the Day at the Beach quilt as my starting point (without the pockets on the back for rocks), found these quilts by glitter goods and headed off to the quilting store down the street (they were having a Mother's day sale - 30% off all fabric!) A whole lot of money later and here are my options.







What do you think? My favorites are the first and last ones, I think. Or do I need different colors all together?

I am going to try to add a rust colored piece to the middle piece. Originally I was looking for a teal-ish color to go with the brown, but I couldn't find the color I wanted anywhere! So I'm going with grey and green instead. The best part is that I'm going to make it reversible since I would have had to piece the back together anyway, so I get to use two of these.

Hopefully I'll get this started soon. We're sweating to death under the down blanket!

Comments

Popular Posts