Finished Fetching

I finished Fetching finally. I started these over the winter, but ran out of yarn before the bind off of the second mitt. I still had to do the thumbs, so I knew some ripping was required. Here are the details.



Pattern: Fetching from Knitty. I took out 5 of the stockinette rows in order to be able to use 1 skein or yarn. I also didn't do the picot bind off. I tried it on the first mitt and didn't really like it, so I just went with a regular bind off.

Yarn: Peru DK Luxury from AC Moore (love that place!), color 06. 70% merino, 20% alpaca and 10% silk (kind of similar to the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran used in the original pattern, but way cheaper).

Needles: Denise Interchangeable US 6, I used an extra long cable so that I could do the magic loop method

Comments: This is a super fast knit and with the weather here (way colder than you think it should be), certainly useful. Isaac's mom has asked for a pair with longer cuffs. As soon as we go to the yarn store I'll be starting those for her. I did however manage to loose my cable needle while making these. I have a feeling it's somewhere deep down in the couch :(

Comments

Popular Posts