What to knit for Sockapalooza?

I have 10 million finished projects to show (knitting and otherwise), but I haven't gotten around to it. I'll do it one of these days though. Today most of my crafting brain has been thinking about socks for my Sockapalooza recipient. She seems pretty easy going as far as the socks are concerned and only requested nothing too lacy and in a superwash yarn. I've narrowed it down to the following:

Pomatomus from Knitty (but have these already been made by too many people?)

Rib and Cable socks (half way down the page) by Nancy Bush from Interweave Knits Fall 2005

BFF from Cookie A (quite similar to the Rib and Cable socks - haven't taken the time to see how they differ yet.)

Poseidon socks from exercise before knitting

RPM from Knitty (look at this pair!)

Bayerische socks
from Eunny (wish I had as cool of a job as her - we're almost the same age :( )

Wyvern Woman's Sock by Marnie MacLean

As for yarn, I'm thinking a semi solid color in a medium purple or moss green (see the flickr link to the RPM socks above) in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn (from Grumperina's favorite Lorna's Laces seller), Fleece Artist Merino or from someone on etsy. I am considering dyeing my own yarn too.

Any opinions/suggestions on yarn or patterns?

(sorry for all the linking and lack of pictures, but I don't want to get in trouble for posting pictures without permission.)

Comments

Popular Posts