So, I signed up for the knit sock kit swap afterall. I am really, really looking forward to this, especially because the only thing I have to make is a bag and I am pretty proficient in the bag-making department. Plus I have tons of ideas running around my head already.
I already answered a lot of these questions for DyeORama, so I am going to link to my previous answers here. If you can't find the answer to one of the questions, it's most likely there. As for the new questions, here they are:
1) Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?
2) Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
I like multicolored yarn and I also like yarn that is different shades of the same color.
3) What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
Having not knit any socks yet, I'm guessing here, but I think I'll like something machine washable and not to harsh on the bottom of my feet.
4) Where do you usually knit socks?
Nowhere right now, but I'll likely be knitting them in the car and on the train and keeping larger projects for knitting at home.
5) How do you usually carry/store small projects?
In zip pouches, drawstring bags or those cloth bags that pajama pants and stuff like that come in (cloth with draw strings or foldover tops) that are then put into a larger bag with all of my other crap.
6) What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
None yet. Maybe my swap partner will be able to influence me some here :)
7) What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I don't know yet! I did teach myself how to magic loop though and it's all I use for knitting small things in the round.
8) What new techniques would you like to try?
I have been reading about short rows and 3-needle bind offs recently and they seem interesting.
9) Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
In general, I prefer circulars. I tried dpns for the shining star hat and returned them after realizing that I hated them and that magic loop was way easier.