Ready to be done and ready to start

I've been working on my Clapotis now for what seems like forever. But in reality I think I started it in January or February. I'm at the decreases now, so the end is in sight.

I'm on balls 3 and 4 now of the Knitpicks Shimmer and I can't wait for it to be over!!! It's measuring at about 5 feet long. I wish I had made it a little wider, but oh well, there's no way I'd go back now.

The biggest reason I want to be done with the Clapotis (other than the fact that I am just tired of it) is because I really want to cast on for this.

I bought the yarn from the Habu booth at Stitches West this year and I'm going to wing the pattern. It doesn't seem that complicated and I would have bought the kit, except that I really didn't like the colors that were in the one kit they had left. I like these colors much better (sorry, the picture is kind of dark).


I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the grey yarn is their stainless silk (it bends and holds it's shape!) and the rust yarn(color 45 - terra cotta to be exact) is merino, which gets felted after the whole thing is knit up. I really hope it turns out well and not just one of those things that I think is easy but turns out really difficult. It's really taking all my will power not to cast on for this right now.

The other crafty thing I am currently obsessing over is this skirt from Target.

The picture really doesn't do it much justice, but it has a wide waist band and these really nice wide pleats that go about half way down that give it a nice shape/line or whatever you call it. I would just spend the $20 on it, except that they didn't have it in my size. I did buy a 14 and I am going to try and make a pattern from it.

I think those three things should keep me busy for awhile! I also have a finished (non-knitting) project to show, but that will be for my next post.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Serena, I've knitted the Habu kusha kusha scarf and shawl. I like both very much. I found your blog after googling Habu merino terracotta 45. I am making a friend a scarf, but don't have enough yarn to make it as big as I would like. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the kusha kusha.

Popular Posts