Closing ceremonies

Warning: Lots of knitting talk coming up.

Well, I am getting a big fat DNF (did not finish) for the Knitting Olympics. Here's how far I made it.
The body up to the armpits (awaiting the sleeves to be attached before knitting the top part) and 1.5 sleeves. Although, really, I think I am going to have to knit one of the sleeves over. I think I read the directions wrong and the increases are spiraling up the arm. For the second sleeve, I lined all the increases up. I am not exactly sure which way is correct, but I am going to go for the all in a line method.

I am going to continue working on this sweater so it doesn't become another UFO (unfinished object) in my arsenal. Maybe I could extend the Knitting Olympics to end when I finish watching all the recorded olympic things on the Tivo...

The only thing that makes me feel a little better is the fact that not everyone finished (including the Harlot herself) and this was a pretty challenging project for me (mostly because it's a big project with lots of boring stockinette). I feel like I was the underdog coming into these games (sort of like Silvia Fontana), no real chance of medaling, but just happy to be able to participate.

I'll post the final results when I'm done (hopefully in the next week or 2!)

Comments

Popular Posts