Inspirational ceramics

I was reading this post at posie gets cozy, which led me to the website for loop, a yarn store in London. From there, I discovered a fabulous artist with a wonderful idea that combines 2 of my most beloved craft/art mediums.

Photo from loop website. Click on over for more (scroll down to bottom of page).

Look at that! Those are amazing pieces! I cannot wait to try this out. I couldn't find too much else about the artist, but here's some of what a google search turned up.

There happens to be a guy in my ceramics class who does something similar to this with gauze and slip (I think). So, I am going to pick his brain, knit up some small swatches for experimentation and we'll see what happens from there. I'll keep you updated and I can't wait to get started!!!

Comments

Popular Posts