why what do we have here?

It's an actual finished object - the turtleneck shrug!

The picture is inentionally small because I look horrid (we just got home from yoga), but you get the idea. I still need to sew in the ends and block it, but the hard part is now done! Isaac hates it, but he's not really too into fashionable items (which is good for me because then he doesn't expect me to be fashionable). The sleeves are a little long and the part under my arm doesn't quite reach my armpits, but when I blocked my swatch, it shrunk/tightened the stitches some, so I think the same will happen here and it will fit better.

Details:
Pattern - Turtleneck Shrug from Scarf Style
Yarn - Nashua Creative Focus Worsted in Chocolate #3249, 3 skeins
Needles - Addi Turbo, US7, 16"

Pattern notes - I pretty much followed the pattern to a T. Except that I used a different yarn (due to my cheapness) and only knit 7" of the turtleneck instead of the 8" given in the pattern (because I ran out of yarn). The turtleneck part turned out just fine. I used the twisted german cast on for the sleeves (for the stretchiness) and a regular (but loose) bind off. If I were to knit this again, I would make the sleeves about 2 inches shorter. The sleeves go past my knuckles right now. As for the yarn, I really love it. It's soft (not super, super soft, but good enough) and not too expensive (I think I paid about $8 per skein). I will not be doing garments in 3x3 rib for awhile though.


Up next:
I started the swatch for my next project this morning on the train - the craftster UO circular shrug in Peru DK luxury (bought on sale at AC Moore) in color #01 (creamish).

More pictures after I've finished it completely!

Comments

Popular Posts