Yet another long rambling post

I always think of things I should be writing about, but never get around to it. Once I do get around to it, I end up with a million things to write and make some crazy long (boring) post. This is one of those posts. I'll make some headings so you can skip around as you like. And I'll try to be better about it in the future.

School
I got an A- in my probability class. yeah! That definitely puts me in the mood to take another class in the fall. Up next, applied statistics (stat 554)!

Knitting
Well, I ended up frogging the hush-hush. Oh well, I've already made it back to where I was when I frogged. This time though, instead of putting the stitch markers every 50 stitches, I put them every 10 and 80, which follows along with the pattern. Hopefully no mess-ups this time! I am also counting the stitches a lot more often this time around. Here's a picture before I ripped, along with one of the stitch markers I threw together from some beads I had lying around.
Posted by Hello

There's a different stitch marker to indicate that I am at the beginning of the round, but heh! I didn't take a picture of it!

Also, I actually finished something! I bought some handspun yarn from My Paper Crane at last October's Crafty Bastards Fair and made several starts at scarves. I came across *this* on Krtisine from Knit Happens in Old Town's blog and decided that was exactly what I should do. I happened to have US19's already and it took me less than an hour to finish it. I threw in the double wrap rows here and there and now it's done!

Here's the scarf in progress. See the big orange needle in the corner? Posted by Hello

The yarn was so pretty I almost just wanted to leave it in a big hank forever. I'm looking forward to this years fair to buy some more. All of the yarn she puts up on her website is always gone before I can get any of it (well, at least the yarn I like).

Last, but not least on the knitting front, I am thinking of joining these two things - one's a swap and one's a knitting for charity type thing. I figure the Preemie Project will be a great way to reduce the stash, help people in need and I think the knitting will be kind of nice since it will be quick.

Oh and while I was looking around at the Bead It 2 swap, I came across this site. How cute is all of that stuff. I really want some of the sushis. I'm thinking earrings.

back-tack
I received my back-tack fabric in the mail last week. Thanks to whoever sent it! The fabric is really pretty and she included ribbon, seed bead, a zipper, a nice note and stamps! I think I already know what I want to make with it, I just have to find a nice block of time to get some of it done. I also really want to post pictures, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for the person who will receive my finished product.
I sent out my package of fabric yesterday, so it should be getting to its destination by the end of the week. I hope the recipient likes it!

Other crafty things
I got a teflon foot for my sewing machine! It's a short shank though that requires a screw hole and not a snap on foot, so I had to buy an ankle to adapt the snap on feet for my machine. It was $20, but I figure I'll be able to use lots more feet with it now. I'm planning on sewing some vinyl for a project and last time I tried with the regular foot, it was a pain in the butt. So, hopefully the new foot will make things easier.
I'm also really excited about these adorable felt cakes. I think I am going to make one for my sister to use as a pincushion. She sews quite a bit and *loves* cake, so I think she'll like it. After that, I am going to try to make some sushi too.

I received my first Sampler on Thursday too! I'll take pictures later. I sort of have mixed feelings about it now that it's here, but I have 2 more months left, so we'll see if I keep feeling the same way. I'll talk more about that later.

Wrap-up
I think that's about it for now. We're going to see the Nationals play the Brewers tonite. We saw them beat the Cubs on Saturday :( at a very late start game. I love baseball!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts